Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The 5 minute rule

Everything I have posted here is the product of the five minute rule. As a matter of fact this blog is done using the 5 minute rule. And that is...that I do nearly everything 5 minutes at a time. I am taking out the trash, I swing by the workbench and work on the Livery for...you guessed it 5 minutes. Between folding laundry and pushing the kids on the swings, I apply spackle to the bases of a few minis. Between, coffee and brushing my teeth before work, prime something...I think you get the picture. It is far from ideal...
(and I am sure I am not the only one that has to work this way) but it is the way I have to work things as a father, husband, rodeo clown, master of the dungeon, Marshal, Eladrin Warlord, Red Sox fan, not so handy man and what not.





Here are some shots of the Livery. I finally decided on how to hinge the doors. I ditched the idea of putting the doors inside the frames and have the doors go over the top of the frames. Plus I stopped using "round" brass tubes.  The round didn't have enough meat to glue to the slender doors and put up with my ham fisted stylings. So I cut up some square brass "tubes" and bent "L" shaped pieces of paper clips...and here you have it. The heavy beam across the top does double duty. It was a suggestion from a buddy who thought the doors "needed something" to complete the look. and they actually keep the doors on their hinges so I won't have to worry as much in transit and storage. Now the corral on the side of the building...

1 comment: